When looking for a POS or Point of Sale system for your business it is important to purchase it based both on your current operational needs as well as your future expansion plans and goals. POS systems allow you to process sales using a variety of payment methods, be it:
And allows you to issue a receipt either electronically or physically. A good POS, will also typically help you with other administrative tasks such as:
- Inventory management
- Price adjustment
- Sync in-store and online purchases
But that is just the tip of the iceberg because there is a large variety of POS systems to choose from – starting with ones which are very basic and free and ending with others which are extremely advanced and cost a monthly fee. The type of POS system you choose will necessarily vary depending on the type of business you run and the size and nature of that business. An online clothing retailer with one physical location will have different needs than a cafe who sells paraphernalia and ground coffee beans online. So too will a person who only sells in bricks & mortar or who only dabbles in eCommerce – though the former is becoming somewhat of an anomaly while the latter is becoming more of the norm. Either way, all commerce requires a good, sleek, POS which will streamline activity and make sure each sale is ‘captured’ in the securist and most organized of ways.
In this post we will learn everything there is to know about a POS system:
- What is a POS system and how does it work?
- When do you need a POS system?
- How to choose the right POS system for your business?
- How much does a POS system cost?
- Are there free POS systems?
- What are some of the benefits of using a POS system for credit card processing?
- What are some of the differences between POS systems and cash registers?